Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 mins
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together: butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
- Stir in flour mixture, then add enough of the remaining 1 cup flour to make the dough stiff enough to roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out on a lightly floured cutting board to 1/8" thickness.
- Use floured cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
Perfect! Flavorful and easy to handle. It rolled like a dream. The cookies are lightly golden brown and crisp with a nice vanilla flavor. This is the recipe we used for our Christmas cookies this year and everyone loved them. Thanks!
Very good, not so sweet cookies. The dough was easy to handle even though I did not chill it first. I should have read the reviews before I made them because I did find that the baking time was too long. The first batch was over browned but still good.
Tese were great!! My only problem was at 8 all of the cookies, which were apporixamately 1/8" thick, were burned to a crisp. I made a second batch and but them in for 6.5-7 min. and they look great! Thanks for the recipe!!