Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
With only 196 calories per serving, there's no reason to deny yourself a piece of Blueberry Streusel Cake!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I use 1/4 cup oat flour and 1/4 cup mix of wheat germ and bran with 1 cup white flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking soda; add to egg mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 9 1/2-inch round tart pan coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbls.
- flour, and next 3 ingredients, tossing gently.
- Spoon over batter, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until lightly browned; cool 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Yield: 10 servings Enjoy!
Now this is heaven on a dish and believe me all the angels around here had more than their share, including me! So delicious and a great snack for breakfast!
Sharon - this cake is divine!! And it's low calories too! Can't go wrong with this!! Added a bit more yogurt and a little less sugar. Thanks Sharon! :)
This is really good. I added an extra 1/2 cup of yogurt because it looked like it was needed. Also I forgot to add the spices to the blueeberries.(oops) Excellent recipe to end a brunch. Will make again and again. Thanks.