This is a recipe I got from a friend's grandmother; everyone who has ever tried it has wanted the recipe. They're also usually surprised at how easy it is to make; they think it takes alot more work than it does. If you don't like blueberries, you can try other types of fruit; one of the ladies at work told me she tried it with raspberries and it was just as good.
- Combine cake mix with remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl; beat until thoroughly mixed and batter smooth.
- Pour by 2/3 cupfuls into 5 separate 8" round cake pans.
- Bake each layer at 325°F for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese; fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread thin layer of frosting over bottom cake layer, then top with thin layer of blueberry pie filling.
- Repeat until all layers are used.
- When all layers put together, frost top and sides of cake with frosting and blueberry pie filling.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving; store cake in refrigerator.
- **Please note: You can also use fresh blueberries for this recipe! If you wish to do so, you will need: 4 cups blueberries, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/3 cup cornstarch.
- Mix together blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste. Pour into the berry mixture and stir until thick. Cool the mixture before using on the cake.