This is a recipe I got from a friend's grandmother; everyone who has ever tried it has wanted the recipe. They're also usually surprised at how easy it is to make; they think it takes alot more work than it does. If you don't like blueberries, you can try other types of fruit; one of the ladies at work told me she tried it with raspberries and it was just as good.
- Combine cake mix with remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl; beat until thoroughly mixed and batter smooth.
- Pour by 2/3 cupfuls into 5 separate 8" round cake pans.
- Bake each layer at 325°F for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese; fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread thin layer of frosting over bottom cake layer, then top with thin layer of blueberry pie filling.
- Repeat until all layers are used.
- When all layers put together, frost top and sides of cake with frosting and blueberry pie filling.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving; store cake in refrigerator.
- **Please note: You can also use fresh blueberries for this recipe! If you wish to do so, you will need: 4 cups blueberries, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/3 cup cornstarch.
- Mix together blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste. Pour into the berry mixture and stir until thick. Cool the mixture before using on the cake.
I have made this recipe several times, always a HUGE hit.
This cake is pure amazing! My husband had been asking for a blueberry cake for a few weeks so I got online to find a recipe. I'm so happy that this is the recipe that I stubled upon! Easy ain't the word for making this cake, and it's so delicious...a big hit with all our friends and family! This will definitely be a keeper and will be made very often at my house. I'm thinking about next time using strawberries instead of blueberries just to switch things up. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! GOD BLESS!
I have been making this recipe for 20 years, I got it from my mother-n-law; you are right everyone who tries this, wants the recipe.Thanks for posting this recipe AlabamaGirl71.UPDATE: This recipe should rate 10 stars, sorry I could only give you 5.