1/5 Photos of Blueberry Stack Cake
This is a recipe I got from a friend's grandmother; everyone who has ever tried it has wanted the recipe. They're also usually surprised at how easy it is to make; they think it takes alot more work than it does. If you don't like blueberries, you can try other types of fruit; one of the ladies at work told me she tried it with raspberries and it was just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butter recipe cake mix, any brand
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1Combine cake mix with remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl; beat until thoroughly mixed and batter smooth.
- 2Pour by 2/3 cupfuls into 5 separate 8" round cake pans.
- 3Bake each layer at 325°F for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 4Cream together sugar and cream cheese; fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- 5Spread thin layer of frosting over bottom cake layer, then top with thin layer of blueberry pie filling.
- 6Repeat until all layers are used.
- 7When all layers put together, frost top and sides of cake with frosting and blueberry pie filling.
- 8Chill for at least 2 hours before serving; store cake in refrigerator.
- 9**Please note: You can also use fresh blueberries for this recipe! If you wish to do so, you will need: 4 cups blueberries, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/3 cup cornstarch.
- 10Mix together blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil.
- 11Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste. Pour into the berry mixture and stir until thick. Cool the mixture before using on the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Stack Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7357.1
- Calories from Fat 2897
- Total Fat 321.9 g
- Saturated Fat 177.2 g
- Cholesterol 1271.2 mg
- Sodium 5486.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1053.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 821.0 g
- Protein 73.6 g