1/4 Photos of Blueberry Pound Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Pleasant pound cake recipe from The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook. Very nice with a cup of coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Beat granulated sugar, butter, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat in vanilla.
- 5Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 6Combine 2 tablespoons of flour with blueberries in a small bowl; toss to coat.
- 7Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 8Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 9Fold in blueberries.
- 10Pour batter into a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan) coated with cooking spray.
- 11Sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Cool cake in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove cake from sides of pan.
- 14Cool 15 additional minutes on wire rack; remove cake from bottom of pan.
- 15Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake.
- 16Cut into slices using a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g