1 hr 5 mins
You can use apple pie filling for this in place of the blueberry, I like the blueberry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (or use Crisco shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (19 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 10-inch sprinform pan (or use an 11x7 or a 13x9-inch baking dish, the pan will be full for the 11x7-inch pan).
- 3In a large bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 5In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternatley with warm milk.
- 6Spread 2/3 of batter into the pan, then dollup tablespoonfuls of the pie filling all over top of the batter.
- 7Dollup the remaining batter on top of the pie filling (it will look very uneven, that's fine!).
- 8In a small bowl mix together the topping ingredients with your fingers, then sprinkle on top of cake.
- 9Bake for about 45-50 minutes (for the springform pan) or until the cake tests done.
- 10*Note* adjust baking times for the 13x9 or the 11x7-inch baking dish, also for the 11x7-inch place a baking sheet underneath to catch any spills.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pie Filling Coffee Cake With Spice Topping
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 57.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g