Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use apple pie filling for this in place of the blueberry, I like the blueberry!
Make and share this Blueberry Pie Filling Coffee Cake With Spice Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (or use Crisco shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (19 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch sprinform pan (or use an 11x7 or a 13x9-inch baking dish, the pan will be full for the 11x7-inch pan).
- In a large bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternatley with warm milk.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into the pan, then dollup tablespoonfuls of the pie filling all over top of the batter.
- Dollup the remaining batter on top of the pie filling (it will look very uneven, that's fine!).
- In a small bowl mix together the topping ingredients with your fingers, then sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (for the springform pan) or until the cake tests done.
- *Note* adjust baking times for the 13x9 or the 11x7-inch baking dish, also for the 11x7-inch place a baking sheet underneath to catch any spills.
Very tasty and easy to make. First time I made it I used apple. Then I made it again a few days later for a party. Used mixed berry filling and muffin pan to make individual coffee cakes. I got 15 muffins and needed less pie filling. I also reduced the ground clove in the topping by half.
This is real "comfort food"! The aroma while it's cooking is amazing. The blueberry was excellent, but I think the blend of spices would be great with peach filling.