1/1 Photo of Blueberry Pie
5 hrs 15 mins
My aunt brought this yummy pie to my house last week. She got the recipe out of a magazine and rattled the recipe off the top of her head. I gave it a test drive today and it was perfect! Note chilling time is included in cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups blueberries (washed and picked over)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 deep dish pie shell (baked and cooled)
- 1In 2-quart saucepan mix milk, yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- 2Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly.
- 3Transfer to shallow dish and cover surface with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- 4Meanwhile in 3 quart-saucepan stir 1 cup of berries with 2/3 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons corn starch and one cup of water.
- 5Heat to boiling over high heat.
- 6Cook 2 minutes to thicken stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining butter.
- 8Cool slightly and fold in remaining berries.
- 9Spread chilled custard into pie shell.
- 10Top with berry mixture and refrigerate for 3 hours until set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g