Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is very good! My hubby loved it and I think it was gone by the next morning between him and the kids. It's wonderful heated with vanilla ice cream on the side...yummy! Prep time does not include making the pie crust.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- Stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon; mix with berries.
- Turn into pastry lined pie pan; sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust which has slits cut in it for venting; seal and flute.
- Cover edge with 2 to 3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 10 inch pie 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.
Hello, I made this recipe for a photo forum event. I used Peggy's Foolproof Pie Crust for this recipe. This was easy to put together. I also used frozen blueberries. Thank you for the tasty pie recipe!
This was the very first blueberry pie I have ever made and I must say this recipe is a KEEPER !!!! It was very simple and it tasted great !!! I used frozen berries that I had picked earlier this summer and this was a great pie !!! Just like my mom used to make !!!!!! Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe !!!