This is a nice way to use those fresh blueberries.
Make and share this Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut up
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, lemon peel and salt in food processor and pulse.
- With machine on, add butter through feed tube.
- Whisk egg with vanilla in bowl; with machine on, add through feed tube until combined.
- (Mixture will be crumbly) Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- (Crust will crack but that's okay) Cool.
- For the crumb topping: Stir butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth.
- Stir in flour.
- Sprinkle blueberries over baked crust.
- Combine sugar and nutmeg in cup and sprinkle over berries.
- Crumble on topping.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.