1/1 Photo of Blueberry Crisp Cupcakes
The first time I made these I found that for so many muffins there was not enough streusel topping for my liking, so I doubled the topping mixture the second time --- follow the directions for the muffins, add in the whites *after* the flour and mix for no more than 1 minute --- although I haven't tried it as yet, I imagine this would work using firm ripe finely chopped strawberries in place of blueberries, these are *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (increase for a sweeter muffin)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (can use butter-flavor Crisco shortening in place of butter)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen unthawed)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lighty grease 30 regular-size muffin tins or line with paper muffin liners.
- 3For the cupcake, in a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In another bowl beat sugar with softened butter and almond extract until fluffy using an electric mixer (about 3 minutes).
- 5Add in milk; beat until combined.
- 6Gradually beat in the flour mixture; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 7Add in egg whites; beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- 8Spoon/divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins about half full.
- 9Spoon the blueberries over the batter.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile for the streusel, in a bowl combine 1/3 cup flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- 12Using a pastry blender or fingers cut in a 1/4 cup softened butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in chopped nuts.
- 13After 10 minutes of baking time, remove the cupcakes from the oven; sprinkle the batter over each cupcake.
- 14Return to over and bake another 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 15Cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes.
- 16Remove cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Crisp Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g