The combination makes this pie wonderful and not as sweet as some other pies. My blueberries and blackberries come in at the same time and I can make this pie every night and the kids will devour it. Be sure to stock up on vanilla ice cream to go with it!
- Place one portion of pie crust in pie pan.
- Place blackberries and blueberries in large bowl.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and flour and mix.
- Pour into pie crust and dot with butter.
- Add remaining pie crust to top (I sometimes lattice this.).
- Cook at 350 degrees 45 minutes until brown and bubbling.
- Top with vanilla ice cream.
This is a pie I will defintely have to attempt again. I used all fresh berries, and followed the directions exactly. However, I found that it took at least an hour for the pie to cook at 350 degrees. Perhaps the temperature needs to be increased? It just seemed to take a long time to brown and bubble. However, there were a lot of berries, which might account for the long cooking time. I also think it could be thickened a bit more. With just juicy berries, it seems the filling just oozes out. Still, it is a delicious pie and not overly sweet. Thanks for posting.
A really good pie...I used frozen berries and made a homemade crust. I used a deep dish pie pan, which overflowed just a bit. I love the combination of berries-I think blueberries are better mixed with something tart like blackberries. I had to bake it an extra 25 minutes before it was bubbling in the middle. I was really happy with the thickness of the filling-just right. Thanks for this yummy easy pie!
Great pie,hubby couldn't wait for me to cut it,delicious.