Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an Irish treat that is wonderful for Saint Patrick's Day, or anytime!
Make and share this Blarney Stones recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar (7 1/2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups finely chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and lemon colored, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture.
- Beat on low speed just until combined.
- Add the milk and butter; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- For a frosting, in a mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Frost the top and sides of frozen cake squares.
- Roll in peanuts.
- Place on wire racks to dry.