2 hrs 50 mins
Posted by request. Taken from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons ice water (about)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1For crust: combine first 5 ingredients in food processor; blend 5 seconds.
- 2Add butter and blend, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add 5 tablespoons water and vinegar.
- 4Using on/off turns, blend until moist clumps form, adding more water if dough is dry.
- 5Gather dough into ball, divide in half.
- 6Shape each ball into a disk.
- 7Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- 8For filling: Preheat oven to 400.
- 9pray 9-inch diameter glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 10Whisk 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large bowl to blend.
- 11Add berries and toss to coat.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- 13Roll out 1 dough disk on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round; transfer to prepared pie dish.
- 14Spoon filling into dough-lined dish.
- 15Roll out second dough disk to 13-inch round.
- 16Drape dough over filling, and trim overhang to 1/2 inch.
- 17Press edges together to seal; fold overhang under and crimp decoratively.
- 18Cut several small slashes in top crust to vent.
- 19Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- 20Bake until cust is golden and filling is bubbling about 50 minutes; cool 30 minutes.
- 21Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry-Raspberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g