1/3 Photos of Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
1 hr 30 mins
A lovely and moist coffee cake. Wonderful for afternoon tea or coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2Butter a 9 inch spring form pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3For streusel topping: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- 4For cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and beat until very smooth. Set aside.
- 5For cake batter: In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 6In another large bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- 7Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk, and beat only until combined.
- 8Spread the batter onto the bottom, and slightly up the sides, of the prepared pan. Next, spread the cream cheese filling over the cake batter.
- 9Scatter the fresh berries over the filling and top with the streusel.
- 10Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g