This is a super moist chocolate with a delicious decadent frosting. My husband does the "chocolate dance" whenever I bake this cake! It is truly a delicious cake or "darn good cake" as quoted from my best friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup hershey cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strong black coffee (or 2 teaspoons instant coffee mixed with 1 cup boiling water)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (1 CUP regular milk with 1 tbsp. vinegar added) or 1 cup sour milk (1 CUP regular milk with 1 tbsp. vinegar added)
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Batter will be thin.
- 6Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- 7Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on rack until ready to frost.
- 10Prepare, bake and cool 2 9-inch round cake layers.
- 11For layer filling, combine hot fudge and instant coffee granules in a medium sauce pan; heat until coffee crystals are dissolved.
- 12Cool for 15 minutes and then fold into fudge mixture 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- 13Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 14Place first cake layer on a serving plate and spread with 1 cup filling.
- 15Top with second layer.
- 16Add remaining 2 cups whipped topping to the remaining fudge mixture and mix well.
- 17Frost top and sides of the cake with topping mixture.
- 18Keep cake refrigerated.
- 19TIP: Garnish with chocolate curls, chocolate coated coffee beans or grated chocolate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Magic Cake With Voodoo Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.5
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 844.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 73.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g