Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A take-off on a traditional German favorite, these are special cut into the heart shapes but you can just use a plain old square of cake and still get the yummy flavor combo!
- 8 slices chocolate cake (prepared about 1 inch thick and 2x2) or 8 slices brownies (prepared about 1 inch thick and 2x2)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- chocolate curls (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Cut heart shapes from cake or use as is. Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in vanilla.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- For each serving; spread cherry pie filling over cake heart shape.
- Top with whipping cream.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and slivered.
- almonds, if desired.
i had to do a project on Germany and these were great i love them them now that ii no how to make them so happy some one put this up you helped my gradfe
Easy and delicious! I used brownies and I used vanilla extract in my cherries cuz I'm not a fan of almond flavoring. I served with toasted sliced almonds on top, and that really made a difference!!!
I just absolutely love chocolate so this recipe was an amazing find. You might want to try this with chocolate chip cookies as well!!!