CHOCOLATE, CHERRIES, and COCONUT!!! These 3 make a very tasty dessert! Made into a sheet cake which easily cuts into pretty squares. An additional can of cherry pie filling made be used for topping. Best made a day ahead for flavors to meld. Use regular cake mix without pudding.
- Using an electric mixer blend cake mix, vegetable oil, milk and eggs.
- Pour one-half of cake mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over coconut.
- Pour remaining one-half of cake mixture and smooth out evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 or 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread cool whip over entire cake.
- If desired, garnish with additional cherry pie filling.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Serve in squares and enjoy!