1/2 Photos of Black Forest Cherry Cake
Seasoned Cook's Note:
CHOCOLATE, CHERRIES, and COCONUT!!! These 3 make a very tasty dessert! Made into a sheet cake which easily cuts into pretty squares. An additional can of cherry pie filling made be used for topping. Best made a day ahead for flavors to meld. Use regular cake mix without pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer blend cake mix, vegetable oil, milk and eggs.
- 2Pour one-half of cake mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle with coconut.
- 4Spoon cherry pie filling over coconut.
- 5Pour remaining one-half of cake mixture and smooth out evenly.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 or 45 minutes.
- 7Let cool completely.
- 8Spread cool whip over entire cake.
- 9If desired, garnish with additional cherry pie filling.
- 10Keep refrigerated.
- 11Serve in squares and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 402.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g