1/2 Photos of Black Forest Cake
Mary in LA.'s Note:
I enjoy making cakes and letting everyone in the neighborhood taste how good I make them. I got this recipe from one of grandma's secret cards.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- 2Combine reserved cherry juice,cherries,granulated sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- 3Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- 4Add vanille and stir.
- 5Split each cake layer in half horizontally.
- 6Crumble one half layer; set asideBeat cold whipping cream and confectioner's sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 7Reserve 1 and 1/2 cups whipped cream for decorative piping Place one cake layer on serving plate.
- 8Spread with 1 cup whipped cream; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping.
- 9Top with second layer, 1 cup whipped cream and 3/4 cup cherry topping; top with third cake layer.
- 10Frost cake sides with remaining whipped cream; pat gently with reserved cake crumbs.
- 11Spoon reserved 1 and 1/2 cups whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe around top and bottom edges of cake.
- 12Spoon remaining cherry topping over top of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g