These are chunky yet crunchy oatmeal raisin cookies with a wonderful natural sweetness and a hint of cinnamon. I like these a lot and hope so will you! Feel free to add some chopped nuts of your choice if you like (but make sure to add some more liquid to the dough then).
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a big bowl cream butter with sugar. Add egg and honey and beat well.
- Little by little add the flour mixture. Knead into a dough (should stick together well but still be a bit crumbly).
- Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Shape the dough into balls of desired size (I make these big and fat as stated above--> balls the size of an egg). Place on a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C (~350°F) for 15-20 minutes (will vary according to size of your cookies).