1/1 Photo of Betty Crocker's Banana Bread
3 hrs 15 mins
Rich buttermilk, crunchy nuts and flavorful, ripe bananas make this banana bread tops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- 3Mix sugar and butter in large bowl.
- 4Stir in eggs until well blended.
- 5Add bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- 6Beat until smooth.
- 7Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- 8Stir in nuts.
- 9Pour into pans.
- 10Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool 10 minutes.
- 12Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack.
- 13Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- 14Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Crocker's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g