Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Well not really, but pretty good anyway! Not for diabetics, it'll send you into a coma. This is courtesy of Lin Grado and I have NO idea where she got it! Frost with Better Than Sex Frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup grated German chocolate
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and sour cream.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Frost with Better Than Sex Frosting (Recipe #136960).
This three layer cake is moist, rich, and VERY easy to make. I did not have the german chocolate so I just added double the chocolate chips. I used your Better than Sex frosting and topped my cake with more shredded coconut and chocolate shavings. Thank you for the wonderful recipe.
Yummy! All great compliments from this cake!