Jen O.'s Note:
I found this recipe among my grandmother's many, many cookie recipes and with a couple of minor changes, everyone says these are much better than the ones I usually make (those being the chocolate chip cookies straight off the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip bag!) You'll absolutely love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (I used light brown vs. dark brown)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I used all-purpose, UNBLEACHED flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee, finely ground
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate, if preferred)
- 1With electric mixer, blend the butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- 2Mix in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- 3Add dry ingredients to mixture- blend well.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5With your hands, form 1 1/2" to 2" balls and place widely apart on greased cookie sheets (I sprayed my cookie sheets with PAM- the kind with flour in it for baking).
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- 7Makes approximately 20 cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g