Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fantastic recipe that adapts to your families taste. This posted version ,Creme De Menthe I made this Christmas for the first time. My family deemed it the best version ever. My future son in law David was as big a fan as my husband Joe. I can't remember were the original version of this recipe came from, have been making it for around 20 years.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and butter in bowl.
- Stir just till blended, will be very stiff.
- Add chips and nuts of your choice.
- Press evenly into 13X9X2 greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Notes: Do not over bake, should just be set in middle.I have always cooked these in an old glass pyrex dish so you may have to adjust baking time for other type pans. You can use any combination of chips and nuts to suit your families liking. Cool in pan completely before cutting for nice even pieces. These have a great fudgy brownie quality.
DH really isn't supposed to eat nuts, so I omitted the pecans. And I did add about a teaspoon of Watkin's chocolate mint extract. This was excellent. Thank you again, Goat mom. Made for PAC Spring '09.