1/1 Photo of Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
This recipe is from http://www.recchiuti.com and I am saving it here to keep it forever and ever. These are very yummy. Better than any store-bought. This is the first recipe I've tried for these cookies and I won't be needing to look for any more! Browning the butter is not something I'm used to doing but it was very easy! Just be careful to take it off when it turns golden brown, and don't let it burn. They won't spread too much, so don't worry about them getting too thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounces premium white baking chocolate, such as El Rey (I used store brand white chips, worked fine, but I didn't do the grating step)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, preferably Madagascar Bourbon
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In 8-inch saute pan, bring butter to golden brown (~5 to 8 minutes).
- 3Stir in brown sugar and let stand in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- 4Grate 3oz white chocolate. Coarsely chop remaining 5oz. Set aside.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 6Place cooled butter in mixer. Using the paddle attachment, add granulated sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 7Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 8Beat in dry ingredients.
- 9Add grated white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Stir until combined.
- 10Note: I refrigerated my dough while I heated up the oven here.
- 11Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip top in coarsely chopped white chocolate. (I skipped this step) Place on non-stick cookie sheet, spaced 3-inches apart.
- 12Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Be careful, I cooked my cookies only ~8 minutes. Watch them to see!) Cool on rack.
- 13Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 133.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g