1/2 Photos of Best Chocolate Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Mrs. Cookie's Note:
This recipe comes from Joyofbaking.com. I baked this for 50 minutes and waited about five minutes more to remove the bread carefully from the pan and let it cool completley on the cooling rack. If I would've followed the original recipe it might not have been so so moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed well (approximately 1 pound or 454 grams)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place oven rack to middle position. Butter and flour (or spray with a non stick vegetable/flour spray) the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan. Set aside.
- 2Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- 3In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 4In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the bread with coarse brown sugar (optional). Bake until bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,( I baked it for 50 minutes, and removed it carefully from the pan and let it cool) about 55 to 65 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chocolate Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.0
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g