1/1 Photo of Best Brownies With Frosting
I got this recipe out of the newspaper many, many years ago. It's very easy and oh so good! You can make it with or without the frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (don't use margarine) or 1/2 cup melted butter (don't use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Creamy Brownie Frosting
- 1Stir oil or melted butter, sugar and vanilla together in large mixer bowl.
- 2Add eggs, beat until well blended using a spoon.
- 3Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- 4Add nuts if desired.
- 5Spread into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- 6Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownie pulls away from the edge of the pan.
- 7Cool in the pan.
- 8Frost with Creamy Brownie Frosting if desired.
- 9Cut into squares.
- 10Creamy Brownie Frosting Instructions:.
- 11Cream butter, cocoa, corn syrup or honey and vanilla in small mixer bowl.
- 12Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.
- 13Makes about 1 cup frosting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Brownies With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 71.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g