Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made many banana bread recipes over the years....but this is BY FAR the BEST EVER!!! I think it must be the sour cream...it makes it so moist and yummy! I usually triple the recipe so I end up with 6 loaves - my neighbors/friends always want a loaf or two!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 - 4)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream shortening and add sugar gradually, mix in eggs and banana.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together and add them to the creamed mixture.
- Then add the milk, sour cream and vanilla& mix till combined.
- Grease 1 bundt pan or 2 bread pans, pour in batter and bake for 1 hour (or until done) at 350°F.
I made mine in a 10 cup bundt pan. Turned out quite nice,the most you will get is 2 medium loaf pans,or 3 small.
Lovely banana flavor. I took Jan T advice and only used 1/4 tsp of baking soda and it came out fine. The sour cream is what gives this loaf its great taste. Will make this again with nut and chocolate chips.
SooooooGood!!! I thought I had a good banana bread recipe,but this is better,very moist and light,must be the sour cream. Not at all difficult to make. Baked it in a Bundt pan(looked a little more fancy)served it plain with some ice cream. My significant other also commented that it was very light. Thanks City Gurl!!!