Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The secret is in the lemon juice.
Make and share this Best Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mash bananas, add lemon juice and mix.
- Cream shortening and sugar in largest bowl; add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk; Beat after each addition.
- Fold in bananas and nuts.
- Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Great banana bread! I cut the recipe in half and went ahead and used 2 eggs and I ground the walnuts into walnut dust so my little girl would find even a trace of them. She doesn't like the texture of nuts in her food. We loved the flavor. Thanks for posting! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.