This recipe has been posted for ZWT II & my source is www.recipes4us.co.uk/Desserts%20and%20Puddings/Belgian%20Plum%20Flan. This recipe wasn't very "Post Your Recipe" friendly as it expressed everything in both metric & US measurements, so I had to make a choice again (Time does not include cooling time)
My Private Note
Flan Se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 inch) shortcrust pastry, flan case
- 10 ounces water
- 2 -3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 lb fresh plum (ripe, halved & stoned)
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces milk (boiling)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place water & caster sugar in a lrg saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Then add plums & mix well.
- 2Reduce heat & cook for 5-10 min till plums are just tender, but still intact. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- 3In a lrg mixing bowl, beat together the granulated sugar & egg yolks till pale & thick. Whisk in the flour till smooth.
- 4Gradually add boiling milk in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- 5Transfer to a saucepan & slowly heat to near boiling point, stirring constantly. Cont to cook for a further 2 min, stirring all the time.
- 6Remove from the heat, beat in the butter & vanilla extract. Then stand the saucepan in cold water & cont to stir till cooled.
- 7Once cold, pour the creme into the pastry case. Then arrange the plums (cut sides down) in the filled case. The tops of the plums should stand above the crème. Set aside.
- 8In a small saucepan, melt jam w/the lemon juice over a low heat, mixing well.
- 9Brush the apricot mixture over the top of the plums to glaze them. Then refrigerate to get completely cold before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian Plum Flan
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g