Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I took it from Ricardo and it's made with a pound cake. Home-made or store-bought.
Make and share this BBQ Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 rectangular poundcake (home-made or store-bought)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- confectioners' sugar
- fresh fruit
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Oil the grill.
- Cut the cake in thick slices of about 1 inch.
- In a hollow dish, whisk eggs and milk. Soak the slices of cake on both faces. Drain well.
- Grill the slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side to grill them with a decorative square-pattern.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Serve this with fresh fruits and Chantailly cream or ice cream.
- You can add nutmeg or cinnamon to the mixture of eggs and milk.
Congrats! Your recipe is our "Recipe of the Day" featured on our homepage ! (07/25/11)
DELICIOUS!!! I made mine using frozen Sara Lee pound cake and then topped with fresh strawberries and ice cream!! So quick and simple but wonderful flavor from grilling the cake!! Thanks for sharing the recipe Boomie!!
Perfect!!! I can't believe the flavors that come thru by grilling a slice of pound cake. I did add a dash of nutmeg & cinnamon to the milk batter before soaking the cake. I used an indoor grill pan and they were done perfectly in 5 minutes!! Served with fresh strawberries & blueberries and a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt! Fabulous dish!! Thanks Boomette for sharing this recipe. I made it in honor of your win in Summer Spectacular in the cooking tag games June 2009. :)