I took it from Ricardo and it's made with a pound cake. Home-made or store-bought.
Make and share this BBQ Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Oil the grill.
- Cut the cake in thick slices of about 1 inch.
- In a hollow dish, whisk eggs and milk. Soak the slices of cake on both faces. Drain well.
- Grill the slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side to grill them with a decorative square-pattern.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Serve this with fresh fruits and Chantailly cream or ice cream.
- You can add nutmeg or cinnamon to the mixture of eggs and milk.