1/2 Photos of Bavarian Apple Torte
1 hr 20 mins
I entered this dessert at my church's Harvest Fest Pie Bakeoff, and the judges created a category right there and then just for this torte so they could give it a blue ribbon! My friend, Nancy, shared this recipe with me. For such an elegant presentation, it's very easy to make. In this version, you don't even need to mix the apples before putting them on the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 Package)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 9-inch pie pan with Crisco.
- 3CRUST: Mix together Butter, 1/3 Cup Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1 Cup Flour. Press into pie pan evenly across bottom and up the sides.
- 4FILLING: Mix until creamy: 8 ounces Cream Cheese, 1/3 Cup Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract, 1/4 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract, 1 Egg. Pour into the crust.
- 5APPLE LAYER: Peel, core and thinly slice Apples. Arrange over cream cheese mixture.
- 6Mix together 2 Tablespoons Sugar with 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Grated Nutmeg and sprinkle over apples.
- 7TOPPING: 1/2 Cup Sliced Toasted Almonds.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 9Cool and refrigerate.
- 10Hint #1: I purchase almonds already sliced, and simply toast them in a non-stick skillet at medium-high heat until fragrant and just starting to turn golden, just 2 or 3 minutes.
- 11Hint #2; Have all ingredients at room temperature, and make the recipe in the order as written, saving the apple-peeling until just before you sprinkle on the almonds.
- 12Hint #3: Use real vanilla extract, not vanilla flavor. It makes a big difference in the quality of flavor.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bavarian Apple Torte
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g