Delicious chunky cookies that are easy to make and disappear in a snap! My long-time friend Barb brought them to our New Year's Eve party and they were the hands-down favorite of a huge buffet table. Cook's note: The pretzels should be about the size of the chocolate chips, not pulverized. You want to taste bits of pretzel as you munch. This is a crunchy cookie. I use a food processor and just pulse until the desired size is achieved.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips, peanuts and pretzels.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 - 13 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not over bake. Cool one minute on baking sheet. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.