These are great dipped in melted chocolate. These can be made with Splenda for baking.
Make and share this Barb's Chocolate Walnut Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use Splenda sugar blend for Baking, use half the amount of sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Toast walnuts in oven or microwave; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a large cookie sheet.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg, zest and orange juice and beat until well combined; stir in flour mixture until a soft dough is formed, stir in walnuts.
- On a baking sheet with floured hands form dough into 2 (9-inch) long logs and bake in middle of oven until slightly firm to the touch, about 13 minutes. Cool biscotti on baking sheet on a rack for 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board with serrated knife cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch- thick slices; arrange biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Cool biscotti on rack: biscotti may be made 1 week ahead and kept in airtight containers, or 1 month and frozen.