1/1 Photo of Barb's Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
Barb Gertz's Note:
These are great dipped in melted chocolate. These can be made with Splenda for baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use Splenda sugar blend for Baking, use half the amount of sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Toast walnuts in oven or microwave; set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a large cookie sheet.
- 3In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 4In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg, zest and orange juice and beat until well combined; stir in flour mixture until a soft dough is formed, stir in walnuts.
- 5On a baking sheet with floured hands form dough into 2 (9-inch) long logs and bake in middle of oven until slightly firm to the touch, about 13 minutes. Cool biscotti on baking sheet on a rack for 15 minutes.
- 6On a cutting board with serrated knife cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch- thick slices; arrange biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- 7Cool biscotti on rack: biscotti may be made 1 week ahead and kept in airtight containers, or 1 month and frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barb's Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g