From November 2007 Table Magazine. Have not included chilling times for filling or base (2 hours 35 minutes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour (185 grams sifted)
- 125 g butter (cold chopped)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 2Grease a 22cm loose-based flan tin.
- 3Sift flour into a large bowl and rub in butter, using fingertips, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Or mix in a food processo.
- 4Stir in sugar, add egg yolk and 1-2 tablespoons water, mixing with a metal spatula, until mixture comes together. Or if usin a food processor put in suga, mix then add egg yolk, mix and then add water (1 tablespoon at a time) until mixture comes together.
- 5Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 180 degree celsius for fan forced ovens.
- 7Roll pastry between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until 5mm thick.
- 8Ease into prepared pan, press into sides and trim edges.
- 9Chill for 15 minutes.
- 10To blind bake - line pastry with baking paper and fill with dried rice or pasta (you will only be able to reuse these for blind baking) or use purpose made ceramic beads - bake for 15 minutes.
- 11Remove rice/pasta/beads and paper and return base oven and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden.
- 14Combine condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a heavy based saucepan on low heat, stirring for about 10 minutes until golden. Cool.
- 15Pour caramel into pastry case and chill for 2 hours, until firm.
- 16Arrange sliced bananas on top.
- 17Slice and serve with a large dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banoffee Pie
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 205.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g