This is a different version of Banana Cream Pie. The name comes from the bananas and toffee. I think you'll like this.
- Place cans of condensed milk in lg. saucepan and cover with water 3/4's up the cans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and simmer for 4 hours, replacing water as necessary.(Milk inside cans will turn to toffee). Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Cut bananas in 1/2-inch slices and cover bottom of crusts.
- Spread cooled toffee over bananas.
- Add another layer of bananas.
- Whip heavy cream until it turns into whipped cream. Add vanilla extract, sugar & coffee crystals. Stir until well blended.
- Heap whipped cream mixture on top of bananas.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top of whipped cream.
- Put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to chill.