Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 275 g butter
- 250 g ginger biscuits (or digestive, butter etc)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 5 bananas
- 500 ml double cream
- chocolate (for grating)
- Crush the gingernut biscuits so they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt 4oz of the butter and mix with the biscuits.
- Press mixture into a dish about 28cm diameter and about 6-7 centimeters deep.
- Place remaining butter and sugar in a non stick saucepan and melt.
- Add the condensed milk and gently bring to the boil stirring continuously so mixture does not burn.
- Boil for 5 minutes exactly to make a light caramel.
- or Place remaining butter, sugar and condensed milk in a large glass bowl and microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- It should change colour to a light caramel.
- Don't over do it as it will make the toffee too hard.
- Allow to cool slightly and then pour over biscuit base.
- Slice the bananas over the caramel.
- Beat the cream until stiff and cover bananas.
- Top with grated chocolate Be warned this is very sweet.
for those wondering about the ginger biscuits, the equivalent - gingersnap cookies!! this recipe is easy to make and delicious.
This was very easy to make and tasted absolutely divine! Will definitely be makingit again! Thanks.