My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the gingernut biscuits so they resemble breadcrumbs.
- 2Melt 4oz of the butter and mix with the biscuits.
- 3Press mixture into a dish about 28cm diameter and about 6-7 centimeters deep.
- 5Place remaining butter and sugar in a non stick saucepan and melt.
- 6Add the condensed milk and gently bring to the boil stirring continuously so mixture does not burn.
- 7Boil for 5 minutes exactly to make a light caramel.
- 8or Place remaining butter, sugar and condensed milk in a large glass bowl and microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9It should change colour to a light caramel.
- 10Don't over do it as it will make the toffee too hard.
- 11Allow to cool slightly and then pour over biscuit base.
- 13Slice the bananas over the caramel.
- 14Beat the cream until stiff and cover bananas.
- 15Top with grated chocolate Be warned this is very sweet.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banoffee Pie
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1191.5
- Calories from Fat 707
- Total Fat 78.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.7 g
- Cholesterol 237.0 mg
- Sodium 652.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 81.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g