1/8 Photos of Banana White Chocolate Cake With Icing - Absolutely Decadent
This a one of my more recent recipes, one which was passed along from a family member. I have to tell you he so knows how to choose fantastic tasting desserts and this one is fantastic. Well worth the splurge for all those special occasions, or when you want to make something extra special! Yes, we love this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup white chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (for garnish,may use more if you wish)
cream cheese frosting
- 1Cake: Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, add to creamed mixture alternately with the mashed bananas.
- 4Fold in the chopped white chocolate and divide mixture into into pans, spread evenly.
- 5Bake 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in center of the cakes comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool ten minutes in the pans, then turn out onto a serving plate.
- 7Cream Cheese Icing: with electric beater cream cheese until smooth, then beat in the butter.
- 8Reduce speed and add icing sugar beating until smooth, stir in sour cream.
- 9To Assemble: When completely cool ice and garnish with large white chocolate curls made using a vegetable peeler.
- 10Note: have made this using layer cake pans as well as in a 9x13 pan which makes for a great 'bake and take'.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana White Chocolate Cake With Icing - Absolutely Decadent
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.1
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 463.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g