3 hrs 20 mins
From Paula Deen's Holiday Baking (2007)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whlle buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Let cool for 10 minutes. With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes halfway through cake in half-inch intervals.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk until smooth and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour over top of cake. Loosely cover cake and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 7Spread whipped topping over top of cake; sprinkle with grated chocolate, if desired. Cut into squares to serve.
- 8Paula's Pointers:.
- 9•Use very ripe bananas for best flavor.
- 10•Be sure to allow chilling time after topped with pudding--it needs at least 2 hours to set.
- 11•Allow frozen nondairy whipped topping to thaw in refrigerator overnight before using. That ensures it will spread smoothly over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.2
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 402.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: