1/10 Photos of Banana Coconut Cake
1 hr 5 mins
My daughter's boyfriend's mom gave her a cookbook that was created by the Houston Ballet for their Nutcracker Christmas Market in 1984. The recipes in the book were submitted by directors, choreographers, and dancers in the Houston Ballet that year. This recipe was submitted by Leeanna Vidaurri, Corps de Ballet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl mix the coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- 2Grease and flour a 9" tube pan.
- 3Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- 4Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Beat into banana mixture to blend.
- 6Pour half of the batter into the tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the coconut mixture. Add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 399.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g