A delicious and healthy sweet treat
Make and share this Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas (slice, then mash with a fork)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
for Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard (6 cup) muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, melted butter (you can microwave it), vanilla and banana mash.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir ONLY until you can no longer see the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter into the 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes (you'll know they're done if an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove cupcakes from tins and let cool for about 1 hour, preferably on a wire rack.
- for Buttercream Frosting:.
- Dice the butter.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together all ingredients until the mixture looks and feels like frosting, about 3 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with additional banana slices, chocolate chips or coconut flakes.