1/1 Photo of Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Robyn Jessica's Note:
A delicious and healthy sweet treat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas (slice, then mash with a fork)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
for Buttercream Frosting
- 1for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard (6 cup) muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- 3Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the eggs, melted butter (you can microwave it), vanilla and banana mash.
- 5Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir ONLY until you can no longer see the dry ingredients.
- 6Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- 7Drop batter into the 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- 8Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes (you'll know they're done if an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- 9Remove cupcakes from tins and let cool for about 1 hour, preferably on a wire rack.
- 10for Buttercream Frosting:.
- 11Dice the butter.
- 12Using an electric mixer, mix together all ingredients until the mixture looks and feels like frosting, about 3 minutes.
- 13Use a butter knife to spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with additional banana slices, chocolate chips or coconut flakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 110.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g