1/4 Photos of Banana Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Moist cake with nice banana flavor. Needs no icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together, set aside.
- 3Cream shortening and sugar.
- 4Add eggs and buttermilk to sugar mixture.
- 5Combine dry ingredients into wet.
- 6When incorporated, stir in mashed banana.
- 7Pour batter into a greased, floured tube pan (angel food cake pan).
- 8Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 9Cool slightly, run knife around edges of pan to loosen cake, remove cake from pan.
- 10Finish cooling cake on a wire rack.
- 11Slice into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4923.1
- Calories from Fat 1563
- Total Fat 173.6 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 638.1 mg
- Sodium 3680.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 794.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 483.5 g
- Protein 63.0 g