Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from my Penzeys catalog.
Make and share this Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, China is best
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 3 large bananas, very ripe, soft, darkly speckled, well mashed, about 1 . 5 cups
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, nuts, and chocolate chops together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract together.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool the rest of the way.