1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from my Penzeys catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, China is best
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 3 large bananas, very ripe, soft, darkly speckled, well mashed, about 1 . 5 cups
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F
- 2Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- 3Stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, nuts, and chocolate chops together in a large bowl and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract together.
- 5Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- 6Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- 7Bake for 70-75 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool the rest of the way.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: