1/8 Photos of Banana Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I know not another Banana Bread. I wanted to share because we really enjoyed this recipe. I think the jam and honey make a nice difference. It is from King Arthur Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam (I used apricot jam) or 3 tablespoons orange marmalade (I used apricot jam)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, beating till smooth.
- 4Add the mashed bananas, jam, honey and eggs, again beating until smooth.
- 5Add the flour, then the walnuts, stirring just until smooth.
- 6Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- 7Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- 8Bake bread for 45 minutes.
- 9Gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning.
- 10Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean, with the most a few wet crumbs clinging to it. The tester shouldn't allow any sign of uncooked batter. If it does, bake the bread an additional 5 minutes, or until it tests done.
- 11Allow the bread to cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- 12Remove it from the pan, and cool it completely on a rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1094 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3547.8
- Calories from Fat 1292
- Total Fat 143.5 g
- Saturated Fat 65.8 g
- Cholesterol 616.0 mg
- Sodium 4179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 531.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 269.0 g
- Protein 54.9 g