Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
mmm mars bars :)
Make and share this Banana and Mars Bar Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 7 x 11 x 21cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat 150g butter and 1/4 cup (100g) brown sugar until pale and creamy.
- Beat in 2 eggs and 2 bananas, mashed.
- Combine 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour and 3 x 60g Mars Bars, chopped.
- Fold into the butter mixture with 1/2 cup (125ml) milk.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, 2 tbs caramel topping and 2 tsp hot water.
- Drizzle over the cake to serve.
I won't leave stars because I couldn't find Mars bars here, so I subbed Snickers. Overall, I made half a recipe since I only had one banana. The cake itself was not very sweet and doesn't stand on its own very well. But since I changed the recipe using a different candy bar, don't want to dissuade others from trying!
This cake is so easy to make, the hardest part is chopping the Mars Bars! I thought this cake might turn out a bit rich, but it wasn't at all. I used very over ripe banana's and I thought that might make it a little too sweet also........but no it was perfect! A really moist banana cake with just a hint of sweetness from the caramel and chocolate. The icing was a little runny and I would probably make it thicker next time, but it didnt matter as it was still really good. A really nice cake Sonya, which I really enjoyed. Thanks Sonya, this is a recipe to keep on hand for any over ripe banana;s you are wanting to use up!