The inspiration for this recipe was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins posted by Lulabelle4822. They were great muffins but I was still trying to get closer to the local bakery's cookie recipe. I'm posting the recipe I've developed over several practice runs that I feel comes the closest to the bakery cookies. These make big, soft & slightly chewy pumpkin cookies loaded with chocolate chips. Delicious!
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- In medium bowl beat eggs lightly then add pumpkin & butter. Whisk until combined then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fold the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Don't over mix.
- Spread a sheet of parchment paper over cookie sheets & drop 2 Tablespoons of batter about 2-3 inches apart on parchment.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes then cool on sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool the rest of the way.
- These freeze well also. I cool completely, then place back on cookie sheets covered with parchment & freeze for a couple hours. Then fill large ziplock baggies with them & put them back into the freezer.