Montana Heart Song's Note:
I gave "Mommy Diva" some recipes for Huckleberries and she suggested posting this one. This makes one deep dish pie or two 8-9 inch pies. The pies have one crust.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 13 inch wide strips of tinfoil around edges of crusts.Preheat oven 400* Prebake pie crust or pie crusts if you make two pies for 8 minutes.
- 2Take out and cool.
- 3Turn oven down to 375*.
- 4In mixing bowl add cream cheese, beaten eggs.
- 51 cup powdered sugar, evaporated milk.
- 61 tsp vanilla. Mix low speed until blended.
- 7In another mixing bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups huckleberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest or dried rnd. Mix and set aside.
- 8Mix 1/3 cup cold water and cornstarch together. Add to huckleberry mixture and mix well.
- 10Put 1/3 cup cold water and 1/2 cup huckleberries in blender and blend.
- 11Add to huckleberry mixture. This is an optional step. If you don't want more juice just add in 1/2 cup huckberries and don't blend.
- 12Add the fruit mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Mix or fold, your preference.
- 13Spoon and pour into prebaked crust or crusts.
- 14Bake 30-35 minutes. Then cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Huckleberry Cream Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 230.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: