Prep 20 mins
Cook 44 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 gallon raspberry-vanilla swirl frozen yogurt
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- raspberries (optional)
- mint leaf (optional)
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Beat 2 egg yolks in a large bowl at high speed of a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 2 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons water and vanilla, beating at low speed until blended.
- Add the flour mixture, and beat well.
- Beat 3 egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into batter; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center; let cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan, using a narrow metal spatula, and turn out onto wire rack; let cool completely.
- Place cake, bottom side up, on an ovenproof platter.
- Spread jam over cake.
- Cut container of frozen yogurt in half; reserve one half for another use.
- Cut remaining half of frozen yogurt into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange frozen yogurt slices over jam; cover and freeze at least 15 minutes.
- Beat 4 egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238 degrees.
- Pour sugar mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed.
- Spread meringue over yogurt slices and around sides of cake (yogurt and cake should be completely covered with meringue).
- Bake at 500 degrees for 2 minutes.
Good no great recipe! If you have any other German or Mexican dessert recipes let me know! I am Chef #304988! Once again GREAT recipe! Recipezaar, where the recipes are!