1 hr 4 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 gallon raspberry-vanilla swirl frozen yogurt
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- raspberries (optional)
- mint leaf (optional)
- 1Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 2Beat 2 egg yolks in a large bowl at high speed of a mixer for 2 minutes.
- 3Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 2 minutes).
- 4Add 2 tablespoons water and vanilla, beating at low speed until blended.
- 5Add the flour mixture, and beat well.
- 6Beat 3 egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy.
- 7Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 8Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into batter; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- 9Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center; let cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- 11Loosen cake from sides of pan, using a narrow metal spatula, and turn out onto wire rack; let cool completely.
- 12Place cake, bottom side up, on an ovenproof platter.
- 13Spread jam over cake.
- 14Cut container of frozen yogurt in half; reserve one half for another use.
- 15Cut remaining half of frozen yogurt into 1-inch-thick slices.
- 16Arrange frozen yogurt slices over jam; cover and freeze at least 15 minutes.
- 17Beat 4 egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 18Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 19Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238 degrees.
- 20Pour sugar mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed.
- 21Spread meringue over yogurt slices and around sides of cake (yogurt and cake should be completely covered with meringue).
- 22Bake at 500 degrees for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Alaska
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry-vanilla swirl frozen yogurt