Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a favorite recipe I adapted to be gluten free for my husband. It's soft and chewy and doesn't dry out quickly like most gluten free cookies do. It originally came from "Best of Country Cookies" by Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour, mix (I use Bette Hagaman's Featherlight Flour Mix.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mix, xanthan gum, and baking soda.
- Stir in chocoate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and let cool.