1 hr 10 mins
This is a favorite recipe I adapted to be gluten free for my husband. It's soft and chewy and doesn't dry out quickly like most gluten free cookies do. It originally came from "Best of Country Cookies" by Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour, mix (I use Bette Hagaman's Featherlight Flour Mix.)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1In mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Gradually add flour mix, xanthan gum, and baking soda.
- 5Stir in chocoate chips.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- 8Remove to wire racks and let cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.9
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 839.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 96.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: