Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Some homemade brownie recipes turn out dry and cakey. These brownies are moist, chewy and incredibly chocolatey! This is my kids' favorite brownie.
- Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cocoa and baking soda, whisk together and stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- add boiling water and stir till thickened.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup of melted butter and vanilla.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter in pan and bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 mins.
- do not overbake.
- cool and cut into bars.