Tracy Graves's Note:
Some homemade brownie recipes turn out dry and cakey. These brownies are moist, chewy and incredibly chocolatey! This is my kids' favorite brownie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
- 2Combine cocoa and baking soda, whisk together and stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- 3Mix well.
- 4add boiling water and stir till thickened.
- 5Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup of melted butter and vanilla.
- 6Blend in flour and salt.
- 7Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- 8Spread batter in pan and bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 mins.
- 9do not overbake.
- 10cool and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1337.8
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 249.5 mg
- Sodium 899.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 135.2 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semi-sweet chocolate chips