- Combine crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and margarine, press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer, until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla, pour over crust.
- Toss apples with combined sugar and cinnamon.
- Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Add 1/2 Cup finely chopped pecans with crumbs for crust.
- Continue as directed.
I bought an expensive spring-form pan just because it looked cool & HAD to use it!!! As a first time baker, this recipe was very easy & very tasty. (A big hit with the boyfriend's family at Thanksgiving dinner!) Tip: 1 hr & 10min. bake time was a bit too long, my crust was burnt and the topping a bit dry. Next time I'll try 1 hr.
I have made this in the past and it is delicious!
I made this cheesecake almost 20 years ago and lost the recipe. I periodically search for it, but have not been successful. I tend to compare all cheesecakes to my memory of this. Thank you for posting.