1/1 Photo of Autumn Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cooking to Perfection's Note:
Cupcakes great for picnics, lunch boxes, and afternoon snacks. Easy to prepare and easy to eat, these cupcakes are filled with grated apple and spices toped with a cream cheese frosting. (From Bake and Freeze Desserts by Elinor Klivans)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup peeled and grated granny smith apple (1 large apple)
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup corn oil or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1For cupcakes: Position rack in the middle of the oven-- preheat to 350* (F).
- 2Line 12 medium muffin tins with paper lining.
- 3Put grated apple in small bowl and stir with brandy.
- 4Put flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in large mixing bowl.
- 5Mix on low speed to combine ingredients.
- 6Mix in eggs, oil, vanilla, and apple mixture.
- 7Divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins, about 3 Tbsp.
- 8batter each.
- 9Bake 23-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 10**Turnmuffin tins about 12 minutes into baking time to ensure cupcakes bake evenly** Cool cupcakes 5 minutes in pan.
- 11Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- 12For frosting: Put butter, cream cheese, and vanilla in mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for about 1 minute until mixture is blended and smooth.
- 13Decrease the speed to low, and gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- 14Beat until frosting is smooth.
- 15Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g